Software Developer Backend Services
Position: Salaried Employee with full benefits
Hours: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, CA
Position: Software Developer
Skyfire is looking for an experienced Software Developer to help us architect, design and develop the server processes and web-services which will support our Skyfire clients utilizing our optimization capabilities. This product will be used by end users, carriers and partners to deliver an optimal experience to millions of mobile customers.
- Design, develop, and modify system level processes.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve complex code problems.
- Collaborate with the client applications developers to create interoperable elements of an overall system.
- Work with others in Engineering, QA and Operations to develop highly reliable and scalable solutions.
- Extensive programming background in C/C++ (5+ years).
- Experience with PHP (3+ years) and shell scripting
- Development in Linux (8+ years) system environments.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP and other network protocols together with network architectural concepts.
- An expert level understanding of distributed computing concepts, inter- and intra- process communications.
- Experience in developing and maintaining high performance, scalable processes and services.
- Demonstrable use of object oriented development, memory management, file I/O, concurrency and multithreading.
- Familiarity with the integration of open source components and libraries for rapid application development while utilizing best programming techniques including reusability and modular development.
- Proficiency with Wireshark, tcpdump and other network diagnostic tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working with others to solve challenging technical problems related to functionality, performance and scalability.
- Self starter with the ability to assess complex technical requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with in-depth debugging skills.
- Ability to work in small collaborative teams and have a great passion working in an Agile development process environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge and use of secure VPN, IPSec or SSL technologies
- Authentication services such as Radius or LDAP
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com
Submit resumes to:
Skyfire Labs, Attn: Staffing
779 East Evelyn Ave Suite 200
Mountain View, CA 94041
Skyfire is dedicated to leveraging the power of cloud computing to radically improve the mobile Internet experience for both operators and their consumers.
Skyfire’s innovative, next-generation carrier cloud approach to mobile video and data optimization provides wireless operators with huge cost savings, elastic capacity, and the ability to surgically enhance quality of experience on a per-stream level. The company has also introduced the first mobile browser extension platform to enable robust contextual & social browsing, as well as enhanced monetization opportunities for operators.
The company currently counts 3 of the largest mobile operators in the world as customers for its Rocket Optimizer™ and Skyfire Horizon™ solutions. Skyfire has honed its video & data optimization and mobile monetization capabilities through a variety of top-selling consumer applications, which have more than 20 million worldwide downloads to date.
Skyfire was founded in 2007, and in located in Mountain View, CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note to recruiters and recruitment agencies
Skyfire does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Skyfire will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that does not have a signed Skyfire Contingency Search Fee Agreement prior to the date of such submission. Skyfire shall not be liable for any payments to agencies for unsolicited submissions and the submitter should have no expectation of payment of any kind from Skyfire.