Our Commitment to Your Privacy:
- Skyfire maintains strict privacy policies. The Skyfire application does NOT collect nor store Personal Information such as name, address, telephone number, or email address. We will not sell or transfer any personal information.
- Videos via Skyfire's toolbar are mobile-optimized on your behalf, in order to provide you smoother play and faster starts, while still making video as crisp as your wireless connection allows. Skyfire processes these videos on its servers into optimal formats for your screen and bandwidth conditions.
- As a side benefit, adapting videos for mobile use helps you save battery, and if you are on a limited or capped data plan, this will save you money too!
- In order to identify if there is a video where Skyfire can help, the application transmits URL information as you browse to Skyfire servers. The process is anonymous.
- The SkyBar™ toolbar allows you a variety of social sharing and discovery features. If you log into the Facebook button, for instance, the toolbar will automatically give you a 'Popular' button that will suggest pages on any website that your friends have liked. Skyfire does not require that a user login to Facebook, nor any other social network to enjoy browsing.
- In order to process your requests, the application communicates webpage URLs and searches as you browse to our cloud service. This information is not stored in any way that connects to a named individual, only by an anonymous random ID number. The application learns your interests in an anonymous way, which can be used to enhance automated content recommendations, and serve relevant advertising. You will not see more ads because of this relevance technology.
Effective April 6, 2011
1. What Information Does Skyfire Collect and for What Purposes?
The Skyfire Browser and other Skyfire mobile apps do NOT collect or store information that can be used to identify you personally such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address ("Personal Information"). Skyfire will not collect Personal Information without your consent. If you sign up for our optional free email newsletter via our Website, we do retain your email and other information you provide, but that is not linked in any way to your use of the Skyfire browser or other products.
Skyfire uses a completely anonymous user ID to identify specific Skyfire mobile browsers, which is not linked to any Personal Information. To the extent that our Sites and Services access your Device ID, Skyfire uses this Device ID to create a proprietary anonymous ID number that cannot be traced nor reverse-engineered to your particular Device ID or your identity.
In order to process browsing and video requests, Skyfire has to collect certain basic browsing information, limited to Non-Personal Information, including the following:
- When using the Skyfire mobile browser and the SkyBar toolbar, Skyfire automatically records certain information, such as website pages visited, searches made, phone model, and operating system version. This information is required to identify when there is a video for optimization via Skyfire's servers, and is used for studying aggregate user behavior, and to improve our Sites and Services.
- A key feature of Skyfire's browser is its ability to optimize videos for viewing on your mobile device. When you visit a web page that includes videos, and play videos via the Video button on the SkyBar, Skyfire's servers will intercept and transcode those videos on your behalf. This process is anonymous and not tied to any Personal Information. Skyfire's mobile browser records usage data, including your web request, web response, IP address, the date and time of your request, size of the communication, and cookies, as well as client-side data such as connect times, connect failures and video playback quality.
- Note that no data is ever transmitted to our servers when users access secure (HTTPS) sites, such as commonly used in online banking or ecommerce checkout pages.
When using the SkyBar toolbar, you may choose to login to third-party services using the shortcut toolbar buttons provided, such as Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party services. You may use the SkyBar toolbar without logging in to those services, and you may log out at any time. Skyfire does not collect or store your account information for third-party services. Skyfire maintains only an encrypted token ("OAuth," in technical speak) to indicate to these third parties that you are logged in to your account with their services.
Skyfire may display advertisements and offers in its Sites and Services, including in the SkyBar toolbar. Skyfire serves relevant ads using a completely automated and anonymous process that enables Skyfire to target ads based on interests and topics that surface in keyword analysis of browsed pages. No human will read the browser session in order to target such advertisements, and no personally identifiable information will be collected nor provided to advertisers as part of this Service. We may also contract with trusted partners to perform anonymous reporting and analytics to refine user interest profiles creates with this information. However, Skyfire stores and uses this data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual or device.
We may in the future introduce new Sites or Services that require a separate registration and may ask you to provide Personal Information when using those distinct products. Please keep in mind that standards for what constitutes Personal Information may differ in other jurisdictions.
Skyfire may use, disclose, reproduce, license and distribute any comments, suggestions and feedback to Skyfire regarding the use of our Sites and Services.
3. Can Minors Use the Sites and Services?
Skyfire does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 18, and requires that users to be of age 18 or older to use our Sites and Services. If you do not meet these age requirements, please do not attempt to register for or use any of the Sites and Services, and do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly delete such information.
4. How Does Skyfire Share Information?
Skyfire does not sell, rent or share your Personal Information with other companies as a matter of policy. However, we may disclose Personal Information and non-Personal Information under the following limited circumstances:
- Skyfire may disclose any information necessary to court orders, subpoenas, or legal process, or enforceable governmental request, or to establish or defend against legal claims, or exercise our legal rights.
- Skyfire may choose to buy or sell assets, and in these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if all or substantially all of Skyfire's assets were acquired, or in the event that Skyfire goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. Skyfire may disclose your information in connection any of the foregoing. However, keep in mind that our strict privacy policies with regard to the way user information is collected would inherently limit disclosure, since much of the information we collect is not tied to a particular user or device.
- We notify you and obtain your consent in advance.
Skyfire discloses aggregate, anonymous log file and usage information in reports to third parties to assist those parties in understanding the usage patterns and performance results of certain advertisements, content, services, promotions, or features. For example, we may provide aggregate-level reports to an advertising partner for the purpose of showing delivery and performance statistics of a specific advertising campaign.
Skyfire utilizes certain third party services, such as Flurry Analytics, as a reporting tool in order to study aggregate usage patterns and improve our Sites and Services. Skyfire does not share Personal Information with such third parties.
5. How Does Skyfire Protect Your Information?
We limit access to information about Browser activity to Skyfire employees, contractors and agents who need to come into contact with that information to operate, develop or improve our products and services. These individuals are under confidentiality agreements and may face disciplinary charges, termination and/or criminal prosecution if they fail to meet their agreements. We review our data collection and use practices to ensure that we collect and use only necessary amount of personal information needed to operate, develop or improve our Sites and Services.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of any information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. If Skyfire learns of a security breach, then we may attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Skyfire also may post a notice on applicable portions of its Sites and Services if a security breach occurs.
In addition, please note that information that we collect or that you submit may be transferred to, processed in, or held in countries (including the United States) other than the one in which you reside.
7. Who Can I Contact With Concerns Or Questions?
Skyfire Labs, Inc.
Customer Care – Privacy Matters
779 East Evelyn Ave
Mountain View, CA 94041